Monday, March 27, 2023

There Was A Young Lady Who Swallowed A Fly

My children know that song.  They know variations of the song and we have spent many a car ride calling out the different things the poor lady happened to swallow.   Today, however, there was another fly issue and this time it was in our house. Somehow, we have no idea forty or so houseflies are in our house.  They are full grown, black, fly well and are not termites—something I had happen in a prior house.  

The buzzing is annoying and oddly frightening. I've been running around with two flyswatters to try and get them out a window or door, or if not, to dispatch with them as succinctly as possible. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was quite scared of the flies.  I was really surprised by this.   He wanted to have nothing to do with them.   They had landed down in a soda bottle from the night before and he was repulsed by the thought of them being there when he took a swig of the drink.  I can understand, that sounds very unpleasant.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's eye doctor had messaged me on another topic the other day.   She has said, "Have you heard the news about Dr. Trese?"  Dr. Trese was the visionary that did all the complex things with my daughter's eyes.  He had been working on a big research project and had also talked about retiring.  Had he received an award of the highest honor?   My husband said, "he might have died."  I sucked in my breath and said, "oh no, I hope not."  He was in his seventies when he was treating and doing surgery on my daughter.  He was still working because he loved it.   He had died from pancreatic cancer.   We are all sad.   He was simply wonderful in so many ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment