Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Another Abscess

Did I mention that Kix has another abscess?  I am tired and it's late and I have to be up early and I'm not even sure at this point so if this is repeated, my apologies.   Kix got an abscess in the same spot as before, give or take a centimeter.  It got large, but not quite as large. 

I didn't want to go through another surgery, so I ordered some larger gauge syringe tips and waited until they arrived.  I figured it would barely hurt Kix because it was not much more than a bit of skin covering it.   He peeped a bit but after that held still and we removed a lot of thick pus from the abscess. 

It seemed like there was a second pocket so we tried a second spot and got a lot more out.  We applied some antibiotic ointment after that and was planning on waiting it out to see what happened.  Later in the day it seemed to be partially filled back up.   I really didn't want to have to do another surgery on him.  

Then, two days later, after giving him a bath, it popped and the skin fell apart around it.  He now has a nice, clean scab covering it.  I am very relieved.  This is a much better path than big surgery like before. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter doesn't like any of the medical parts.  She is afraid of the scab, but I told her a hard scab is wonderful as it's his body going through a healing process and it is the best thing that could have happened. 

The Over-Screened Son:  My son has had a five-day weekend—with a lot of screens.   He is back to school tomorrow.  Then he is screen-free for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment