Monday, March 20, 2023

Sushi Mistake

We were debating what to get for dinner and ended up selecting sushi.  My husband said I should place the order and he would go and get it.   I made some selections for us, getting the specific thing my daughter wanted from the children's menu.   I got rolls with fun sounding names I thought my son would lilke.

When the sushi got here my son ate the first piece and had a mild allergic reaction.  How is it we had completely forgotten he had developed a rather meaningful allergy to fish over time?  Not all fish, but some were significant.  

Fortunately, we had other things he could eat.   Still, we're not sure how we missed this important piece of data about our own child. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son wasn't upset at all about being unable to eat the sushi.   He is sometimes ornery and a huge challenge.   Then other times he is a complete sweetheart. 

The Tiny Girl Sameness:  My daughter wanted lo mein, what she almost always gets.   Hopefully, someday her taste buds will grow up.   Food is such a grand adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment