Thursday, March 23, 2023

Roses

My daughter did well in all three of her performances with her school chorus today.  It was a bit poignant because it was the last day they will ever do chorus for elementary school.  She loves the teacher and the group is friendly and supportive of each other.  But things do end.  It's the only way to make way for new things, which in this case would be middle school. 

I have seen parents bring flowers for their child when they've done a performance but I never thought about it until I was at the event and it was too late.   Today, though, I had time between dropping my daughter off and coming back for the performance.  So I dashed off to get some flowers.

I smelled them all and was disappointed in that they all smelled mostly like nothing.  They have been bred for being sturdy or lasting for longer or looking better and smell has gone by the wayside.   Which is fine, unless the person you're getting them for is blind.   My daughter didn't mind, she loved them.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is amazing how she can hear someone speak to her, and she calls out their name.   She can recognize classmates and teachers in a loud room.   It's quite impressive. 

The Big Boy Update:  I gave the roses to my son and said he could give them to his sister.   She was very happy, I could tell.   Her brother was very nice about everything today, even going to her performance when he'd already heard a good bit of it last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment