Sunday, March 26, 2023

Waiting on a Miracle

Today my daughter had her solo with the girls' city choir.   She said she had her song well-practiced, even though she missed one of the main practices for the soloists (she was performing with her school chorus at the time) and she hadn't been practising at home.   So I wasn't so sure. 

I brought up the recording of the specific arrangement for her to practice and she had significant problems singing to it.   And we had three hours before we headed out.  I got nervous.   But my daughter figured out a short bit later that she had missed part of a measure when the pianist recorded it for her, and that was causing all the trouble.

The director asked if my daughter would be up for coming to the performance hall a bit early for a final practice, something I jumped on with an "absolutely, we'll be right over." My daughter looked lovely in all black and when we arrived she went straight in as one of the only performers there at the time.  I heard her song moments later and her singing.  

I think they practiced the song twice.   And my daughter was right, she totally had the song.   She sang so beautifully.  They recorded everything so hopefully next week I'll be able to get a copy of it for posterity's sake.  I was very proud of her. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't want to go to a performance, much less one where he would have to wait for a good while before the concert began.  I let him take the iPhone the children use when there is a need.  my son would love to have that phone full-time, but that's not happening for a bit longer.  The phone entertained him, although he talked to Jessica, another mother, and me and was so polite.   He wanted me to play a game with him, which does look fun.  I'm going to see if we can play it tomorrow.   I was proud of him today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment