Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Partially Covered, Still Majorly Exposed

We have no sitters.  We used to have a deep bench of people we could call on to watch the children.   Now, they have graduated and gone off to college, graduated from college and gone even further away, moved away, or just not interested in sitting anymore. 

We have a dinner on Saturday night with no sitters.  Fortunately, I found a neighbor to watch the children for three hours while we have dinner with friends. 

I have only part of us covered for our upcoming trip to Florida to visit my in-laws.  The dog is going to be boarded, but I have no one for the guinea pigs yet.  I'm going to try and find some children in the neighborhood to watch the littlest of our family members. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got in trouble with her teachers today.   We are going to have a call with them tomorrow, hopefully.  I think my daughter has a valid point, but the way she's handling it is not going to win her friends and is definitely making her teachers unhappy. 

The Big Boy Broke It:   I got a new circle drawing tool.  I sort of got it for my son.   I showed it to him and he played with it for not five minutes and broke it.    He said maybe it would have broken anyway.   I wasn't overly nice about it but as I tried to fix it I realized he might have been right.  In the meantime he wrote me the sweetest note:


No comments:

Post a Comment