Monday, March 6, 2023

More Grace

My daughter has a VI friend named Grace.  She and Grace do things together from time to time.  Last weekend her parents were so kind to come and pick up my daughter, feed her lunch and dinner and have her over for most of the day.   And my daughter loved it. 

We wanted to return the favor as well as get the girls together again because they had so much fun.   Today they made lemonade and spent a good bit of time outside.   My daughter had found her electric skateboard.  I didn't realize how long it would propel her for.   Grace wasn't interested in riding on the skateboard but she did like to control the speed and direction. 

Which worked out well.  They did all sorts of different things with the skateboard today, including going to a neighbor's house to taste test some popcorn to vote on which microwave popcorn tasted the best for one of their children's science fair projects.  

They made a huge fort and then ended the night after dinner.   I am happy they have fun together.  Most of the time my daughter has to play with sighted friends.   Two blind children together is a nice equalizer and they appreciate having someone in the same situation as they are. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Grace asks my daughter a lot of things blind-related, such as do her numbers and letters have colors associated with them in her brain.   They compare notes a lot. 

The Big Boy Social Captain:  My son had boys over all day.  They mostly played video games.   This week I have informed him all the playing will be outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment