Thursday, November 12, 2020

Something Useful!

As Mr. Furious from Mystery Men comedically says as he limps away from the reporter, "I'm in a super amount of pain right now."   I am indeed in a super amount of pain but you know me, a blog post per day, regardless.   That's how high a priority this blog is: it trumps almost anything else. 

I mean, yeah, I was busy working on some 3D prints—but this time they're useful.   I got an email from my son's teacher asking if I could 3D print a "parts of speech" grammar stencil for the students in case we have to go to distanced learning next week.    She sent me the link to a site where she could have bought them for six dollars per student, but budgets are non-existent with enrollment so low and expenditures jacking higher and higher with COVID-19 measures being implemented. 

I looked in some repositories and lo if I didn't find the same thing so I downloaded it, printed one and asked my son if the color (see-through to see words under the template), shape and size of the elements was okay.    Apparently I nailed it.   

So now I'm printing nine of them and will deliver them in the morning to his teacher.  It's a nice feeling to be useful. 

The Big Boy Update:  No positive COVID-19 results back from the family at my son's school so he has another "snow day" tomorrow.   He was not broken up about it. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  It is exhausting to play with Barbie and American Girl Doll after school four hours because my daughter fell asleep on the floor immediately after dinner with a blanket over her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment