Thursday, November 26, 2020

Obligated

I sort of feel obligated to write about Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving.   As if it perhaps would indicate I am less than thankful if I ignore the importance of family and friends during this day.   For years I have tried to write about one facet of the day or one thing happening in my ever-cluttered mind instead of just reporting on the events as the day marched on. 

Today, though, I don't have anything specifically interesting to write about.   I fell asleep incredibly early for me these days last night at some time well before nine o'clock.  Then I woke up around two-thirty and was in and out of sleep for most of the remainder of the night.   I got up at six-thirty, fed the dog, helped my daughter to some donuts we'd gotten the day before because she wanted to make sure she didn't get the ghost pepper one (they're not that hot) and then went to the basement. 

And this is where my day went longer than I anticipated.   My husband asked me to check on his fifteen-hour print on the SLA (resin) printer because he was concerned about one area.   It wasn't failing, but it was potentially having issues, so I stayed downstairs and watched it for an hour-and-a-half until he got up.   I got into some things on the computer I'd been needing to do, including email, which I have gotten behind on, again.  I swear, I get caught up, and then it just piles back in.   

I hate email.   It's not that one particular email is bad, it's the totality of the emails and the time they require to handle appropriately and well that gets me.   So I avoid them sometimes, which makes it worse. Back to the riveting story of my day, though. 

My plan had been to go downstairs for a short while at seven o'clock and then go back to sleep.   I didn't make it back upstairs to lie down until almost one o'clock and my husband is so kind he didn't wake me after I fell asleep.   I sat up in my pajamas to hear my in-laws had arrived for Thanksgiving dinner at 3:00 and I was neither up nor dressed. 

The meal was good, as always, with specialty items made by my mother-in-law and a turkey made by my husband that was done just right.   Dessert was little cupcakes with different icings and toppings, made by my mother-in-law. 

After dinner, we got on a family Zoom call and saw some of the family members we couldn't be with in person.  My in-laws left and now I'm writing this post.   Hopefully, I can go to bed soon.   I'm tired.  And I didn't even do the cooking.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son loves "glitches" or bugs in games.   He called up from the bonus room, "I've just done the coolest thing."  I came up to see him show off the new hack he'd learned about from a YouTube video in the Zelda game.   I watched him play for a while, listening to him explaining everything while he did it.   He and I also sat at a table together, just the two of us, for Thanksgiving.   He was unhappy until I told him he could tell me all about Minecraft.    He and I had a good day together. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I asked my daughter if she could help set the table for Thanksgiving dinner today.  I had printed some napkin rings she could put out and she would get to select where everyone sat.   She put herself with her father and two grandparents.   She did all the work, so she got to sit with them and have all their attention at the meal.   She does so like to be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment