Friday, November 13, 2020

Comma, Period.

Tonight my daughter opened a present from Uncle Bob and Uncle Brian.   When she was done opening it I told her we should send them a message to let them know she had received it and how she liked it.   They had sent her one of the things she'd requested for her birthday: more swings.   

To digress, we have a lot of swings for the playset in our back yard.   Swings are an inexpensive way to expand the fun of the outdoors for the children which traditionally would mean me going out from time to time to switch out or around the swing options we have.   Of late, it's my daughter with the help of Keira, swapping around swings.   

There are only so many options when it comes to swings.  I know this because I frequently go looking for new, different options.   I found something interesting that's unlike anything we have in a basket rope swing.   It looks very comfortable to sit in and I will be testing it out myself once they get it hung up tomorrow to see if it's as comfortable as it looks. 

Uncle Bob and Uncle Brian sent her the swing in orange, which my daughter loved.   I told her I had the phone ready for her to send a message after confirming (at her insistence) that I couldn't lift her up in the swing and swing her around in the bedroom.   She's sent messages like this before, using voice to text, but this time she said, "do I need to add the commas and periods like you and dad do?"

I told her she could if she liked and so she launched off with a message of multiple sentences in a steady flow, saying 'comma' where she knew one was needed and ending her sentences with 'period'.   She knows punctuation from school, so I shouldn't have been surprised at this, it was just fun to hear her rattle off a text message like we do.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has gotten some new clothes.   One of the shirts I got him was white with black sleeves and had a black tie printed on the front.   I put it in the front of his drawer, hoping he'd like it.   He picked it out on the very next day and I though he looked so good in it.   I told him that apparently too many times through the day though because he told me, "if you say that one more time, Mom, I'm going to throw this shirt away and never wear it again.  I think he liked that he looked good in the shirt though. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter showed Keira all her Barbie things today.   Keira listened very politely with the occasional positive comment.   We could tell though that she totally wasn't interested.   Dolls are not Keira's thing.   Swings are much more her speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment