Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Some Prints

I've just finished folding what feels like an epic mound of laundry and I'm tired, so here are some pictures of things I've printed lately.   

Print in place foldable heart box.   The printer beeps in the middle of the print to change filament colors and prints for instance all the red first and then finishes off with the white.   When the print is complete it folds in half to close the box. 


A spiral print vase mode in atomic dark cherry red.   This print is basically done like a slinky print.  If you could unwind the model, it would be one long piece of filament.   There are gaps in the center area because I miscalculated when I sliced the model.  

Coffee cup models designed by one of my favorite creators.   The filament I used changes colors over time.  I printed them one after another and you can tell the order they were printed in by matching the top of one to the bottom of the next.

This is a top and bottom bottle.  The top screws onto the bottom and makes a tight connection closing the two halves together when complete.  I don't know if it's watertight as I didn't check—but it might be.

My mother-in-law's kitchen window.   The tan-colored flower pot includes bendable arms and legs.  She asked if I could print a daisy, which is standing out of the top.  The sticker and the other flowers are not 3D printed.

The Hex Dice Tower I sent to my daughter's school for the VI room to use.   I was very happy to hear they have plans on how to use it with their students. 

Stellated dodecahedron with silver inserts and copper locking rings. 

A Lattice Bowl model made by my favorite model designer, Clockspring, who created all the models pictured in this post other than the flower pot.  His work is a delight to print.   I had the printer prompt me four times to change filament colors during the eleven-hour print of this model.   I like the fall colors. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son's class had a standard lunch today at school instead of a Thanksgiving celebration with shared food and families.  He came home with, instead, a paper chain of links with one message from a classmate on each link saying what they were grateful for about my son.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter spent this week in distanced learning at home, studying her standard subjects as well as Thanksgiving traditions.  She and I read a story together today about how our celebration differs dramatically from what the originally pictured Thanksgiving is like and where our traditions are borne from.  I learned a lot I didn't know before about the history of Thanksgiving this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment