Saturday, November 21, 2020

A Day Later

My daughter woke me up this morning to remind me we needed to get to the chiropractor's office when they opened in case they felt we needed x-rays and we wanted to have a chance to get them done today.  My son was already up playing Minecraft in the basement.   I gave him the, "we're leaving in five, get dressed and meet in the garage" message and went to get dressed.   My daughter, of course, was already dressed and ready to go. 

In the car, I asked them how they were feeling.   My son pretty much had zero symptoms.  My daughter's chest and shoulder were bothering her some from the seatbelt.   I had checked her before leaving and she had no bruising or marks.  My daughter is very in tune with her body and talks about anything that is out of kilter with her all the time so she had a longer list of things going on. 

The first was her ankle and wrist.   She then said, "they were bothering me a lot on the playground at school."  Since the collision happened after school, I talked to the children about how the doctor would want to help them in any way they needed, but when we went in today, the doctor was going to assess what was going on from the accident and we needed to report those symptoms first, and then we could talk about other things afterward. 

My daughter's back and neck were stiff, as were mine.  I had a possibly jammed pinky finger.   No one had any indications of broken bones.  We told the doctor all of this and he palpated us and then adjusted us, including (and this he found funny) all three right ankles.  Each of us had turned our ankles at different times and he did something that helps.  I don't know to describe the thing he does, but it helped a lot. 

We got back in the car and headed home.   We talked about being safe when driving and that anyone who's had an accident is always super duper extra crazy vigilant when driving.   They didn't seem scared to get in the car.   They teased me when we got home by telling their father, "we didn't crash on the way home."  They don't seem to have PTSD or any physical side effects from the crash.   I hope that continues to be the case. 

All of us had a very leisurely, lazy Saturday at home.   Tomorrow I plan on being as lazy as I can muster.   There is an awful lot of laundry piling up though.   Duty calls...

The Big Boy Update:  My son is getting so good at Minecraft.   He's on his computer a lot on the weekends (the computer he was meh about getting at first.)  It's nice having him in the basement beside me.   He is recreating things he sees on YouTube videos, but then he takes the ideas and extrapolates on them.   He makes some wacky stuff, like right now he's built an anvil launcher and is giggling and talking to himself. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter played with Barbies and American Girl Doll with Nora all day.   She microwaved herself some chicken wonton soup, including opening the can that she recently learned about by asking.   She brought the soup outside to eat on the play set picnic table with Nora.   She really loves spending time with Nora.  

No comments:

Post a Comment