Saturday, November 21, 2020

Inside a Marshmallow

Today, coming home from school, the children and I were in one of those pile-up situations on the highway.   Multiple accidents happened, both in front of us and behind us.   In our particular case, I hit the car in front of us who then tapped the car in front of them. 

I knew there were a lot of airbags in my car but I had no idea what it would be like to have them all deploy at the same time.   Everyone is fine.  I promise.  The car, however, is not.   We were kept safe by the many safety implementations in the car but in the case of a front-end collision, the crumple zone is paramount. 

The front crumpled, the windshield cracked and the airbags deployed.   Don't ask me for the order, because it happened too fast to tell. 

I'm tired after a lot of stress dealing with the situation, being worried about your children, police, tow truck, getting my children home, talking with Tesla, talking with the insurance agency, talking with a physician, and the terrible feeling of knowing you totaled someone else's car and have inconvenienced them in a massive way.

We're fine.  We will be sure to make sure we're fine with our health care team as needed.  We "walked away" from the accident with a sprained ankle and a jammed finger.    

I don't like to use the word because it's overused but my car was amazing

The Big Boy Update:  My son was not only okay but totally nonplussed by the accident.   He just wanted to get home to play Minecraft on Friday night.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   I asked my daughter (again, for the fifth time because I'm a mother and I do that) how she felt, and was she in any pain?   She said he ankle was hurting a lot.  Oh, and her wrist.   Then, upon further questioning, she told me they had been bothering her on the playground and they both had been hurting for a few days after she fell and hurt them.   Her seatbelt may have bothered her but she's not sure yet.   I'll ask both children the same questions a lot more times in the coming days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment