Monday, November 16, 2020

$19.99 or Free

I helped clean out a shed at a house today that had the most interesting collection of things in it.   It was satisfying work because we were able to take the existing contents and by arranging them differently, regain close to seventy percent of the floor space in the shed.   I saw more old tools today than I have in the past ten years. 

Old tools are heavy.   And my back is ready for me to go to bed.    BUT, before I do, I wanted to write another post about 3D printing...because I can't help myself, it's just so much fun. 

I've been printing lots of things, but I also look through many more models than I have time to print.   There are beautiful prints, creative prints, useful prints, and even weird prints.   What's been the most interesting of late is in my perusal of holiday catalogs that we've gotten in the mail I've found multiple things I could print myself. 

And I don't mean something similar.   I mean that exact model is free and available for anyone to print.  One of them was a twist on measuring spoons that was listed for $19.95 in the catalog.  That one stuck out because I'd already printed it twice. 

So many things are plastic and there are loads of people creating and sharing designs.   My mother-in-law asked if I could print her a daisy.   I found just the kind of thing she was looking for and had it ready the next day.  

So much fun. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl In School Update:  It may not last, but my children were both in school today for the first time since the shelter in home orders went out in March and April.  I forgot what it was like having them both in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment