Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Kentucky

I've been working at my parent's house the last few days cleaning up some things in their basement that were impacted due to a recent flood.   I was amazed, and I do mean amazed, at how many things I saw that were in their house when I was a child.   They've lived in the same house since I was born so there could easily be things they just hadn't gotten rid of or replaced, but I'm fifty and I suppose I hadn't imagined they would keep things that long. 

I live in a time of impermanence.   The phone I have in my pocket is probably a year old.   I'll get another one in less than a year.   Today, I saw the phone that was in my parent's house that I talked on nearly half a century ago. 

The Tiny Girl Moving Away Adventures:  On the way home from school I asked her if she had a message for someone I was going to be catching up with that evening.   She told me to tell him hello and that she was planning on moving to Kentucky when she had enough money.   She said there was lots of good land there and she could have her pet store and Keira (who was planning on moving there too) would have a flower shop. 

The Bog Boy Chronicles:  My daughter and I were disagreeing on something when we all got in the car to go to school.   My son asked if we could change the subject and talk about something happy?   Sure, we said.   So he talked about Minecraft.   It did, however, effective; end the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment