Sunday, November 15, 2020

Marty McFly

Does anyone else remember the beginning of Back to the Future where Marty McFly's alarm clock goes off and he wakes up in the most uncomfortable of looking positions before stumbling out of bed, grabbing his skateboard and then blowing Doc's workshop up by turning up the amp to virtual eleven? 

For some reason that was the most exciting thing, watching Marty McFly in that crazy position when I saw the movie more than once again later.   Maybe it was because I knew an epic adventure was about to begin.  Maybe it was because the position looked so strange but he seems not the least bit bothered by it or maybe, and this could be the real reason, Mickael J. Fox was just hot.   

Yeah, probably that last reason.   It's a memorable bit of the movie.   Now that I have children, I can understand the position somewhat more.   Here, for instance, is the position I found my daughter in when I went up to put her laundry away about a half-hour after she went to bed.


The Big Boy Update:  We told my son tonight about how one of our friends wasn't well and we hoped she would be better soon.   We talked to him about how it was hard for her to be out of work for an extended period (she's self-employed and may lose business if she can't work to competitors) and that that was an added stress on her.   My son said he wanted to help her out, just like he did for Keaton.   He wanted to send her some money so she wouldn't worry.   My son is a very sweet little guy. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My husband scrubbed and scrubbed my daughter's feet tonight to try and make them look less dirty.   She's barefoot so much of the time and outside a large portion of the day.  We think her calloused feet have incorporated the dirt into her pads.   Nothing bothers her: sticks, stones, acorns.   I couldn't walk across wet leaves without my feet being uncomfortable.   They really are a useful tool for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment