Sunday, May 31, 2020

Braillist Assistant

I got to be the assistant to my daughter's braillist this week.  She prepares materials for my daughter and I print them out, but some materials just can't be printed.   In this case, it was all about graphs.   There was a collection of videos my daughter would be listening to that would talk about the different graph types and while conceptually she could understand the information, she needed something to understand what the videos were describing—that the other students were able to see.

Here's what I created for my daughter.   She referred to them throughout the videos to reference the different parts of and types of graphs the videos were describing.   She seemed to get it fairly easily.  My daughter wasn't overly impressed with my work but her braillist said I did a good job, which made me feel good since she always does such a thorough job for my daughter.







The Big Boy Update:  My son really needs to interact with some children other than his sister.   He's getting in trouble because the way he wants to play with her is not at all how she wants to be played with.   I talked to him about going on some bike rides or other outdoor activities with the children closest to us.   Hopefully, he will get out with friends more this coming week.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning my daughter came in and woke me up, saying, "Mom, I'm proud of myself."   I asked her why and she told me she had heard Kevo make a noise and realized he was stuck.  (Kevo is our Roomba.)  She remembered she had dropped a hair tie on the floor so she went to Kevo, turned him over, pulled out the stuck hair tie, flipped him back over and pressed his butten.   "Then he started up again and he was fixed!"   I was proud of her, too, I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment