Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Soap Talk

The children have been transitioning from bath to shower recently.  Tonight, while the children were in the shower, I was putting up laundry.   My son called out to me asking for their shampoo and conditioner from the tub.  My daughter had found the squeegee and was cleaning off the glass door.

They were talking about soap.   My son said to his sister, "This one is different.  You rub it in your hands.   It was bigger but it's pretty small now.  My son had just explained what a bar of soap was to his sister.  It turned out she had seen one before, but my son, on thinking it was something novel, told her about it.

I think I have decorative soap somewhere in the house now, but it will never get used—everywhere we need soap there is a bottle with.  Even for the shower, there is body wash in a pump bottle.  Until my children had the shower conversation tonight I hadn't realized much bars have been overtaken by pump bottles.

The Big Boy Update:  My son just came doan saying he still hadn't fallen asleep (at almost midnight.). He said his bed wasn't comfortable.   He's not happy with his bed lately and we're not sure why.  I think changing the sheets will help so tomorrow I told him I'd change them.   He may be imminently on track for moving out into another room.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and Shane made the most delicious chocolate chip cookies today after school.   Warm, cooked to perfection chocolate chip cookies are the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment