Thursday, May 21, 2020

Kindergarten Catch Up

I've mentioned many times how we keep in touch with my daughter's braillest from Kindergarten.   She is what I would call, "a dear friend," because she is very special to my daughter and to me.   My son and husband are big fans of Mrs. Aagaard too, but it is my daughter and I that have the closest relationship.

There are certain people who are good at keeping in touch.   My mother is one of these people.   She has people she's regularly contacted for years, even though the time they knew each other was many years ago.   It is through contact, of any kind, that relationships are built upon and strengthened.  

My daughter made a window ornament for Mrs. Aagaard and yesterday it arrived in the mail.  Today the two of them were going to talk.   Only it didn't happen because Mrs. Aagaard and I got to talking about so many things, catching up on each other's lives, school VI stories among other things and we ran into my daughter's daily bike ride with Keira.

Tomorrow we're going to try again to get them together.   My daughter really enjoys talking to people.   She needs contact with friends, even if it's only over the phone.   I had a lovely time catching up today as well.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got mad today because my daughter, Mrs. B. and I were working on a school project and we were too loud for my son.   He came upstairs and asked me if I had any duct tape.   I asked him what for, and he told me it was so he could tape the door shut we kept opening so he could work!

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was angry yesterday and ended one of her calls early.   She said she didn't want to have any more calls.   She was mad all the way through bedtime but then was disappointed to find out she didn't have her regularly scheduled call this morning.   She was hurt and mad, I told her, but she still had to write an apology letter for the things she said.   She typed it up on the keyboard quickly, I emailed it off and then she was back to normal, as though nothing had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment