Friday, May 15, 2020

Never Again

My daughter thinks she is getting another audiobook again.  Her brother understands it's not quite as dire, but he's not as dependent on audiobooks as his sister is.  I've gotten very negative behavior from both of them, although my daughter is leading the charge with irreverent, insulting, pessimistic, unhappy words,  towards other people.  

There has been a lot of disrespect towards their teachers and parents and, most disappointingly, they seem to only care about what's important to them.   I told them yesterday, after realizing that five minutes' social time with neighbors was too much of a burdensome price to pay for them because they would have to be away from the audiobook for those five minutes.

Last night and today they could have corrected course, my son did a good job for the most part, but my daughter refuses to adjust her attitude and so, there is a good chance this will be the last audiobook ever.    Or until they're adults, my son pointed out.   Yes, I agreed, until they were adults.

We'll see if my daughter's attitude changes.   I hope so because I know how much she loves audiobooks.

The Big Boy Update:   My son worked on a Tinker Crate from KiwiCo as the end of day assignment for school.   He put together a color changing light where he connected three LED's using transistors and switches.   He got down to the basics with this little project.   I watched what he was doing and wanted to jump in and help myself.   He didn't need me though, the project was created just for his age, although children my age found it interesting just as much.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Several people in my daughter's life have done or made things for her recently.   I have been fighting with her to get her to correspond back.   I realized today that I cared about her corresponding but I realized she might not have.   When I decided I would contact them myself, instead of trying to get her to contact them, things got easier.   She says she cares, but I don't have to worry about her messaging them.   It reduced both our stress by a lot, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment