Friday, May 1, 2020

Lighter By Contrast

My hair is looking lighter recently.  I haven't been putting products in my hair that would have caused it to lighten up.   I haven't been spending loads of time in the sun that might cause it to lighten naturally.   In fact, I'm not sure it's lighter at all.   But it seems like it is.

It's possibly a hair optical illusion.   During the COVID-19 stay at home time I, among millions and millions of ladies out there, have had hair growing in that is not the same color as the balance of the hair on our heads. It's reached the point now that I would have made an appointment and had it topped off so that the roots match the rest of my hair.

I have an appointment.   I made it about a month ago.   I contacted my hairdresser and said I wanted to make a best guess appointment for when the stay at home order would be lifted.   I'm going to message her this week and move the date out by another month I think.

My hair grows slowly but this is about as long as I've gone without getting it colored.   I've colored it for so long, I'm surprised there's not more grey hair than there is.  Why does it look lighter than normal though?

I think it's a contrast thing.  The darker, more "boring brown" roots make the ends look much lighter by comparison.   I was holding the ends up tonight and placing them beside the roots.   There's a decent color difference.  I like the color Sue changes my hair to better than my natural one.   Maybe we should start taking "Inches Bets" on how many inches of grown out hair we ladies will have before COVID-19 is over.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been going through the LEGOs lately.   He has been going through them with extreme attention to detail and organization.   He found the Nexo Nights LEGOs and remembered how he and I used to play together on our iPads.   He asked if I wanted to watch the show with him tonight and we had a nice time talking about what we remembered and then, at just the right moment in the show, pressing pause and holding the app up to the screen to unlock a new feature of the game.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked if I could message Keira's mother to see if she would be interested in going for a social distanced walk together after school today.   The two of them set off at 3:30 and were out for close to two hours.   Our houses are connected via back yards but the two of them haven't had a chance to get together in several weeks.   It was nice to see them chatting and walking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment