Friday, May 22, 2020

Sad but Insightful or Maybe Hopeful

My daughter wrote a letter to send with her present to Mrs. Aagaard.   I read the first two lines but then my daughter said I could just put it in the box and I didn't read it.  I did exactly that and mailed the package.

Yesterday Mrs. Aagaard wanted to talk to me first, before talking to my daughter.   She has never done this before, including when she was my daughter's teacher.  She asked me if I'd read the letter.   I admitted I hadn't.   She said she thought it was important I hear it.

The letter itself was full of happy words and I miss you's and want to see you soon's, but after that, she got into a prose poetry mode.    It may read a little funny because there are misspellings and it seems like a period is missing here and there.  Overall,  I think you can get a feel for it
 How it feels to be blindI feel my forehead sweating  but I half to looking at all these wonderful years I have been hear, In the mitts of the world no one understand how I feel, But I Love To Be how I Was Made To Be and I can Have Hope I Have To Be How I Was Ment To Be And I have To be How I Want To Be and I’m and no one understands me.
This is powerful stuff.   Maybe she's not doing as well as we thought she was.

The Big Boy Update: My son is raising dinosaurs.   He's playing a Jurassic World game.   It's fun to watch him play.   He moves from overland view where he makes decisions on how to develop and build his park.   Then he drops into a Jeep and drives off to innoculate a dinosaur that got an infection.   He's a good driver in the game, cutting corners and edges tight and yet not hitting them.   He's like his father that way.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We still have snails and worms but they let the frog go.   I haven't seen a single creature, but apparently, they're there.  My daughter has a rock she wants to put on the cage so they don't escape (they couldn't escape).   We're using her favorite rock named, 'Cloud' because it is shaped like a cloud looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment