Friday, February 8, 2019

Wheaten Play Date

My daughter went back to school today but my son stayed home as he wasn’t fever-free yesterday and still wasn’t feeling well.   My husband has this bug now and has been asleep in his chair in the basement a lot of the day.   I’ve got a monster headache, which is what happened to my husband initially, so I might be on the way to being sick too.  But this morning we were all having fun.

Our friend brought Theo, her Wheaten Terrier, over for a play date with Matisse.   The two had met before but it was the first week we had Matisse home as a puppy and while Theo was ready to play, Matisse wasn’t quite ready yet.

We had hoped the two dogs would get along and boy did they ever.   It was like they got each other.   They played and romped and chased each other in the front yard for a long time.   We took them to the back yard and they played some more.   We got them some water and they ran back out to play more.   When they looked overheated and just wanted to cool off, we brought them inside.   They ate some ice and then played some more.   They were tired, but they didn’t want to stop.

Theo was more dominant, but that suited Matisse just fine as she’s very submissive.   Here’s a video of them at the very end when they were so tired but didn’t want to stop playing,

After they cooled down we went on a two mile walk in the park and met several people who knew they were Wheaten Terriers or had had the breed themselves.

We’re getting the dogs together again for a play date soon.



The Big Boy Update:  My son was home today.   He wasn’t really sick anymore but he couldn’t go back to school because he’d had a fever yesterday.   With his father being sick and my busy with dog play dates and other things, he got to spend a lot of time on his Nintendo Switch.   Too much time, I’m sure.  He knows today was an exception though and that being sick doesn’t mean free screen time all day long.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had a substitute driver today.   When she didn’t get home at the normal time today my husband checked and her GPS said she was still at school.   Something had happened but no one knew what so my huband said he’d come get her.   We’ve had good experiences with our drivers and are looking forward to Ms. Williams, our regular driver, to be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment