Saturday, February 16, 2019

Nothing But Mud

I’m better today.   The majority of my symptoms are gone and I was able to venture out into the house beyond the bedroom to see how it and everyone had been faring.   I was able to get dressed, take the dog out and then begin the process of putting everything back into place.  

There’s a place for everything in my house.  When we’re sick or overly busy, things don’t get put back in their spots.   Dishes don’t get put away, laundry doesn’t get folded, art projects don’t get cleaned up, medicines are left out on counters and dog toys are everywhere.   Now that I was feeling better, things had to be put back in their spots.   Containers and bags from items purchased needed to be recycled, leftovers from last week n the refrigerator had to be put out and children’s things that always seem to spread, even in times of sickness, had to go back to the closet, cabinet or drawer they came from.

While I was doing this I let the dog out in the back yard on the stake and line I’d put out there recently.   She has one of these in the front yard and loves to spend time out there.   She likes to get into the mulch and has done some digging though and I didn’t want to deal with a dirty dog today.   It was raining, which Matisse loves, so I thought keeping her outside where there was a lot of grass was a better idea.

I left her for fifteen minutes while I got a few things done.   When I came back I found her wrapped around the edge of the deck right at the edge of the covered porch under a bush.   I called to her and she came bounding out…covered in black mud.  

She was drenched.  He paws had gone from honey colored to coffee-colored mud.  Her face had been in whatever it was she was digging and was now dripping in the same colored substance.   I found a ball and threw it for her to chase, set a timer for twenty more minutes on my watch and returned inside to clean up some more and then get the shower ready for when I carried her inside.

She doesn’t really mind getting washed.  She likes the brushing afterwards too.   But it wasn’t on my planned things to do on the first day I felt better list.   She super fluffy and soft now too.  And she smells good.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got up this morning and started watching the Chinese cuisine documentary series without me!  He told me I had to wait for him to watch it myself.   I wasn’t mad, I was glad he was interested enough to watch some more when he woke up.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter has a bad cough, but other than that she’s mostly well.   Except she keeps falling asleep very early.   I’m wondering if she’s gotten her sleep schedule off somehow.   She’s also waking up early.  

No comments:

Post a Comment