Tuesday, February 19, 2019

On the Floor, Before the Flight

I’m sitting on the floor with my laptop on my lap because I’m packed and ready to go but I wanted to get this post written before I leave so floor writing it is today.

I had to go get pajamas.   I was packing last night and realized I don’t really have any pajamas at all.  I’m fond of old, ratty t-shirts and sweat pants and other old, castoffs for sleeping when I’m at home.   On this trip with my girlfriends we’ll have four of us in two rooms, two to a bed and from past overnights I’ve noticed these ladies actually have sleepwear they put on at night.

Committee meeting finished this morning and I rushed over to the mall to the sleepwear area of the department store I frequent.   I was looking for something with short sleeves and shorts and figured it would be an easy hunt.   But mid-winter found mostly long-sleeved, fuzzy pants and warm gowns in their collections.

But I found two options, bought them without even trying them on and ran home for my next conference call.   After the call I tried them on and thankfully they fit.   So now I’ll look a little more presentable when I sleep.  Closing the suitcase now and leaving in thirty minutes.  Nothing like just in time shopping.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My husband called me into the foyer this morning as my daughter was leaving for school.   He said to hug goodbye.   I had forgotten I was leaving today and almost didn’t say goodbye!

The Big Boy Update:  My son was carrying in brownies and strawberry ice cream to school this morning.   I was helping him get it all in his arms when he said in an exasperated tone, “ugh, you’re so annoying!”  I was a little surprised and told him it hurt my feelings, I was just trying to help.   He grumbled, “bye, see you on Saturday” and then got out of the car.   I didn’t get to say goodbye to my son happily, and I felt bad.   I tried to tell him I’d miss him with the window down as he walked off, but he wasn’t listening.   I’ll have to call once I get in and talk to him about his day and how the brownies and ice cream went over.

No comments:

Post a Comment