Tuesday, February 12, 2019

It’s About Time

I have a fever of 100.5 right now that’s developed in the last hour or two.   About damn time if you ask me.   I wasn’t getting out of this sickness unscathed and the longer it took for me to come down with it, the close it will be to leaving on vacation with my girlfriends to Cancun.   And I don’t want to be sick for that.   I don’t want to infect them either.  Making a call to stay or go would be a tough on, but with a week to go, hopefully I’ll be okay by then.   Hopefully.

I called and left a message for my best friend, asking if she could call in Tamiflu for me or was she unable to given how she was my OB and I hadn’t had a need to be seen in her office for over seven years.   She messaged me back, saying she’d never heard anyone so excited about getting sick before and that yes, she’d call it in now.   Hopefully I’ll be okay by the trip…hopefully.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Time To Go To the Doctor Update:   My daughter had a 103 degree fever again today and my son was hovering at just over one hundred, but due to the full week this has gone on, he decided to call their pediatrician and ask if he should bring them in.   He’s there with the two of them and they’re having an in-office test to identify what they have.

The doctor said there was a possibility they could have two things at once such as strep throat or pnumonia and the flu.   Neither child has a sore throat aside from that one short, “it feels like a booger in my throat” hour for my son.   His cough is much better.   She has a mild cough but it’s pretty dry and she doesn’t sound like she has congestion in her lungs.    But we’ll see.   I’ll report back tomorrow when I drag myself out of bed to write a post.  And if I’m going to feel like my husband did when he was sick, it’ll be some serious dragging.

No comments:

Post a Comment