Friday, February 22, 2019

Last Day Of Sun

It’s been sunny and beautiful weather here in Cancun.   I heard it’s rained all but a few hours since we left at home.   I’m looking forward to getting home though; I miss my children, my husband and the dog.

When I return I’ll have a half-day before my husband leaves to go skiing with my best friend’s family (the same best friend I’m with here in Cancun).   My husband loves to ski and I’m glad he’s getting a chance to go without children for almost a week to get away and have a break from family life.   It’s been nice having a break here.

We leave very early in the morning to catch a flight so I’m packing up now.   I’d like to say I spent a lot of time in the sun, down at the pool, drinking margaritas, but I can’t.   I did have two margaritas and regretted it an hour later.  I’ve spent more time in the room than anywhere else, surprisingly, sleeping a lot.   I think it’s taken me longer to get over the final parts of the flu than I had anticipated.

The Big Boy Update:  My son missed a big field trip today because he was vomiting last night.   I think he’s sad to have missed the trip, but he wasn’t feeling well, sleeping in late and being low energy from what my husband told me.   He seems fine this afternoon though.  I don’t know what he had, but I hope he’s recovered.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter’s driver has had her route changed.   She’s not picking my daughter up until twenty minutes after school has let out and she won’t get home until five o’clock.   We’re looking into how long this route change will be; it’s a long day for my daughter and a long ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment