Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pajama Day

I’m still in my pajamas.   It’s almost seven at night now.   I think I’m the only one in the house that doesn’t have this funk going around.   My daughter got it first and was tired and slept a lot for two days.   She had a big appetite though—almost more so than normal.

Then my son got it.  His fever lasted for longer and he had no appetite, eating almost nothing for one day entirely.   He fell asleep on the floor in different places, including near the dining room table on the hard wood floor.   He wanted to sleep for a while in the middle of the traffic area in our bedroom at one point, unable or unwilling to move even when I told him I was going to wash the dog and she might jump all over him in wet puppy happiness after she was out.

Both children got better, although my daughter has a mild cough and has been blowing her nose.   She went back to school on Friday while my son stayed home with the tail end of his fever.   Then my husband got it—and he’s not happy about it.   That bit where men are worse than women when they’re sick, that they fall apart and can’t function at all—I don’t know if it’s really true for him because he works through most things without a complaint at all.   But this is rough on him.

He’s been sleeping during the day and part of the night on his reclining chair in the basement.   He has no energy, although his fever has stayed at barely over one hundred.   He feels awful.   He came upstairs a while ago and said, “I just want this over.”   Then he went downstairs to go back to sleep.

Am I incubating?  I thought I was at the start of it when I got a bad migraine headache last night.   My husband has had a sustained headache and a cough that’s not dry or wet sounding, sort of somewhere in-between.   This morning my headache had abated and I didn’t feel more achy and painful than I usually do in the morning from my spine and back issues.   Or at least that’s what I assumed.   Mornings vary for me from okay to manageable to hard to get out of bed.   But once I was moving I did okay.

The dog isn’t sick.   She’s her happy puppy self.   Happy and wanting to go outside and spend hours in the yard chewing on sticks and mulch, watching cars and people go by, smelling and hearing all the sounds of the outdoors she can.   She’s so happy outside.

I went in and out of the house with the dog probably twenty times today to take her out or check on her and see if she wanted to come in (if she runs away from you that means no).   And I did it all in my Christmas pajamas, sporting a big moose on my red and black pajama top.

My neighbor was out with his dog.   I asked him if he thought I was well-dressed in my pajamas, rain boots and fuzzy white jacket.   He said with fashions these days I could probably go out to a nice restaurant and no one would even notice.

My husband is back asleep in the basement.  I’m getting the children anything we have left in the house for dinner, which isn’t a lot choice-wise because we’re about a week behind on grocery shopping.   Shortly I’ll get them in their pajamas and send them off to bed too.   My daughter isn’t recovering as quickly as my son, she keeps falling asleep on the couch after I put a show on the television for her to listen to.

Tomorrow hopefully everyone will be feeling better.  Hopefully we’re all on the mend.   And hopefully I don’t come down with it, last in my family to fall.   We have a birthday dinner tomorrow I hate to have to reschedule.  But if we need to, we will, we don’t want my parents to catch this.   It’s no fun.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was pretty unhappy we didn’t have much in the way of food for dinner here.   He settled on a dinner of three corn dogs after saying no to the soup and pasta options I had.   It was a good thing he agreed on the corn dogs, I didn’t have any other options to suggest.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked out of the blue if she could do Talking Typer this afternoon.  It’s an app on her iPad they use at school to teach touch typing.   She has to get 90% or higher on accuracy three times before she can move to the next lesson.   She’s a fast typer, but she’s only working on the home key row (ASDF) so far.   She got over 90% every time.

The I Want To Go Outside Again Dog:
Matisse loves being outside.  She has ringing the bell down now.   She rings it all the time.   Sometimes she wants to go back out right after coming inside.   She would spend most of the day out there if we didn’t bring her in from time to time.   Here she is, waiting patiently to be let out again.


No comments:

Post a Comment