Thursday, February 14, 2019

Toilet Paper

The dog has been interested in tissues lately.  My daughter is doing a lot of blowing of her nose and if we’re not careful, she puts the tissues somewhere where the dog can get to them—and tear them to shreds.   They don’t have to be used tissues either, we lost a good portion of a new box of tissues my daughter had put on the floor.   The dog was pulling large chunks out of the box, shaking and tearing them up.

But the cutest one was today as I laid on the bed.   I noticed the dog going into the bathroom and then into the toilet area.   I watched and listened because at some point relatively soon she’s going to figure out there’s water in the toilets and try to drink it.   She’s not quite tall enough yet, but it’s only a matter of time.

But instead I saw her walking out of the room with the end of the tissue roll in her mouth, unrolling the roll as she walked.   I had to stop her and tell her it wasn’t allowed, cute as it was.   Later today she tried again, this time getting all the way into the bedroom with her head held high, holding onto the tissue.

I’m still sick.   I’ve been able to keep the fever below 102 for most of the day. but I feel awful.   My husband has been managing the children while I’ve dome little more than lie in bed because I get light-headed if I stand up for too long.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son and I were on the bed with the dog this morning.   I said, “I’m so glad we decided to get a dog.”   He said, “some dogs are failures, but ours is not.”   I couldn’t help but laugh and agree with him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter made a pot today using the potters wheel she got for Christmas.   I haven’t seen it yet but she’s excited to show it to me when it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment