Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Sleeping Household

My household was largely asleep for the day today.   My son came downstairs in the middle of the night with a fever.   I got him some ibuprofen and asked him if he wanted me to walk him back up to bed or did he want to stay in bed with me?   It wasn’t deep into the, “middle of the night” meaning my husband was still downstairs watching something on the television, giving plenty of room for my son to stay in bed with me if he wanted to.

He decided that he didn’t want to stay with me because he had a better idea: he was going to go lie on the leather couch in the living room because it would be cool.   He took off his shirt and did just that. A hour or so later I got up and put a blanket on him.

My daughter woke up and still had a fever, wanting to lie in a ball at the foot of the bed by my feet.   She loves to take the dog out in the morning but had no interest in anything other than lying still.  I got up, got ready, took the dog out and then headed to the chiropractor because the thing that had happened where I had a hard time moving without a lot of pain in my lower back was back.  Not as extreme as the first time, but still significant.  

I took orders for McDonald’s breakfast from those that were awake and said I’d be back shortly.  When I got home my son’s second dose of ibuprofen had kicked in so he’d turned on YouTube videos of Fortnite Fails and ate his breakfast watching from the table.   My daughter didn’t want to get up, and stayed asleep on the chair in the living room.

My husband was in bed doing a capital job of snoring inbetween helping the children when they needed water, another blanket, watermelon or anything else.   I had a dental cleaning mid-morning and when I left my daughter was asleep on the floor in the bedroom, sprawled across the carpet.   She asked for her iPad so she could play music.   Before she fell asleep she sang the songs out loud that we couldn’t hear playing on her iPad.   My husband slept on.

After getting my teeth cleaned I called my husband to find out if I should bring something home for lunch.   He told me my daughter had just woken up and had been eating the breakfast I’d brought her and my son was asleep.

My son was asleep on the floor of our bedroom in almost the same spot his sister had been in a few hours before.   He said he was hot so he didn’t want a shirt when I offered one, but he did want to be covered up by a blanket.   There had been a dog digging issue while I was out so the dog got a bath while my son slept. When I let the dog outside thirty minutes later I found my daughter asleep again on the chair.

For several hours the house was very quiet with both children sleeping in different spots.  My son had relocated to the floor of the bonus room, still without a shirt.   Neighbor children came to ring the doorbell but we sent them away.

I’m heading off to dog training class shortly.  My son is still asleep.   My daughter is awake, but not budging from the chair she’s spent most of her time in for the past two days.   She’s listening to audio books she checked out from the library for the blind.

It’s not like my children to be so lethargic.   They’re both pleasant, kindly asking for help when they need it.  It’s not a painful or uncomfortable sickness, just a tiring one it would seem.   Rayan, one of the neighbor children, came over earlier.   He said hello to our now-clean dog and told me his sister had the same thing last week for three days.  Hopefully both children will be feeling better by tomorrow based on that information.

The Big Boy Update:  My son loves watching YouTube Fortnite videos.   He laughs out loud and comments on what’s happening.   He likes it when someone’s discovered a glitch in the game that makes something unexpected happen.   He also loves watching when people die from mistakes they make, usually falling to their death.  It’s kind of fun to watch; I got stuck for ten minutes watching before I realized I’d even sat down.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been wanting to do a grocery store trip with me for two days now.   Just to do some shopping for things we have on the list.   We’ve had to put the trip on hold until she gets better though.  Hopefully we’ll be able to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment