Thursday, February 21, 2019

I Knew I Forgot Something

We had a nice day today starting out with sleeping late and then a leisurely breakfast at the buffet at the hotel.   Linda and Eleanor were spending time at the pool and invited us to join them but Jen and I decided to go back to our rooms to have a nap—what with eating breakfast such a tiring event.   They decided to do water aerobics while Jen and I had a mid-day nap.   I do so love a mid-day nap.

We joined them for happy hour in the afternoon at the swim up bar and then I nodded off in a lounge chair in the sun.   We all went out to a very nice dinner and then came back to go to sleep early.   It was just now, as I was about to nod off to sleep, that I realized I’d forgotten to write a blog post.  So I’m sitting in the dark on the sofa, writing this before getting back in the bed to go to sleep for the third time today.   I am really enjoying this vacation.   I don’t know if I’m extra lazy or if I’m still recovering from having the flu, but either way, all the relaxing and resting has been nice.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has a big field trip tomorrow but tonight he threw up at dinner.   My husband isn’t sure if he’s actually sick or if he got motion sick or something else.   He doesn’t want to send him on the field trip if he’s sick but he doesn’t want him to miss the trip either.   We can’t send him if he’s not well thought.  It wouldn’t be fair to him or his teachers to do so.   They’re going to decide in the morning before six o’clock if he’ll go or not.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter stayed with my parents at dinner tonight after my son threw up.   She probably very much liked the time alone with her grandparents, even though her brother wasn’t feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment