Sunday, December 2, 2018

You Look Like a Witch

Last night after the wedding was over and I was home I got a headache for some reason.   The thing that helps me more than anything with headaches is to get in a very hot tub and submerge my head all the way in the water so I can just breathe out of my nose.  This seems to change the pressure in my head or does something else physiologically and the headache abates.   Or, and this could equally be the reason, I relax and the headache goes away simply on that merit alone.  

Regardless the reason, I knew I was going to bed as soon as I got out of the tub.   And that meant going to bed with wet hair.   And that meant sleeping on a towel on the pillow because I don’t like a wet pillow.  

It also meant another thing—my hair was going to be curly, frizzy and crazy looking in the morning.   Not to worry, I would wash it and look presentable for the after wedding brunch at nine.   But there wasn’t the time with the children and seven other things happening so I had to go with crazy hair.

I ran my fingers through it and it bushed out some and I told my husband I thought it looked like eighties permed hair but he told me it looked fine.   I suppose it did, but it was different for me, unlike the more controlled version of my hair I usually present to the public.

No one said anything at the brunch (which was lovely) except for my mother-in-law, who told me, “you look like a witch.”   That’s exactly what it looked like, I told her.   She’d nailed it and made me laugh in the process.   We said next year maybe I could be a witch for Halloween.   I already had the hair part of the costume figured out.

The Big Boy Update:  This morning at lunch my son came in, saying, “Merry Christmas”. Mostly he was playing with the word, “marry” because Uncle Bob and Uncle Brian had gotten married the evening before.   He went from, “Happy Marry” to “Merry Christmas” and then said, “I don’t want to marry Christmas, I’m only eight!"

The Tiny Girl Update:  My daughter fell asleep at six o’clock this evening on the couch.   She also napped for a while after brunch.   It’s unlike her so I checked her temperature but she doesn’t say she feels bad and she’s not febrile.   Maybe it was from the day’s fun with all her relatives in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment