Thursday, December 27, 2018

Very Artistic

Let’s see, what’s been happening here…we’ve been worried about the water supply here after finding out the house was on a cistern system.   There was a question about how much water was really available for use with the house with a recommendation from the owners to not overuse water.   It turned out we were fine on water supply, but for a day we didn’t know how careful and conservative we have to be.

Most of the family went to St. John today.   My husband and I decided it would be a better experience for our children (my daughter in particular) to stay here and spend the day at the beach, which turned out to be a good decision.  Both children had a good time.   My son and husband did some snorkeling and my daughter and I spent time in the sun, sand and very, very mild surf.

We came home and got in the pool and hot tub after washing off the sand.   Some time later all the family who’d gone to St. John came back.   I took my daughter downstairs to get showered and dressed.    After she was out of the shower I followed her out into the outer room to get her eye drops, only to look out to see my brother-in-law, Bob,  and mother-in-law outside with some conversation about the cistern ongoing.   I, in classic me style, didn’t have any clothes on.   One of my brother-in-law’s saw me before I turned around and headed back into the bedroom.

Later we talked about it, laughing at the whole situation.   My brother-in-law said it was very artistic when he turned around and saw me standing there, talking to my daughter, partially covered in a towel.   I told him I was going to take, “very artistic” as the compliment of the day.


The Big Boy Update:  Someone in our house used the ‘f-word’ yesterday.   My son, with terrible timing, said, “you’re not suppose to say the f-word around kids”.   This is interesting in and of itself because the person in his household who has the biggest problem with the f-word, saying it on a regular basis, is his mother, also the author of this blog.   He hasn’t corrected me for some reason.   Perhaps it’s because he feels I’m hopeless.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter loved the beach today.   She and her brother made friends with another boy in first grade and did lots of things in the sand   Then she spent the longest time in the water on a boogie board.   She asked me if she could paddle out further.   I told her sure, she was in a safe spot in the calm, serene bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment