Thursday, December 20, 2018

Trepak

My daughter and I were on the way to school this morning.   I had put on a Trans-Siberian Orchestra song that was a compilation of multiple Christmas songs.   My daughter said, “I know that song.   Can we play the whole song?”   I said sure and she told me to search for "The Nutcracker suite tree-pack”.   I figured she had heard something wrong at school so I had her spell it and she said, “t-r-e-p-a-k”.   I still thought she didn’t know what she was talking about but I pressed the button anyway and said, “Play the nutcracker suite trepak”.  And sure enough, the song came up, spelled exactly like she had said.  

I had known the song since I was a child, but for some reason not by that name “Trepak” or a Russian Dance.   I told my daughter she was definitely smarter than me.

This is what the notifications on my iPad looked like this evening and is a good indication of what it’s like to have a puppy in the house that wants or needs to go out a lot:


The Big Boy Update:  My son is getting screen time today in exchange for reading.   This is my child who a year ago was having a very hard time reading.   Now he wants to read everything.   He had to read for an hour today, but I think ended up reading for more than that, in order to have screen time.   He finished the take home reading assignment for the holidays on the first day of break.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was suppose to be asleep tonight while my son read in the closet with the light on.   She has her last day of school tomorrow while he can sleep late.   When I came up a half-hour later after hearing voices, I found her with a pillow and blanket bed made beside him in the closet.   When I asked her why she was in the closet and not asleep she said, “he was reading to me and I couldn’t hear in the bedroom.”

1 comment:

  1. The "Russian Dance" is one of my favorites too. I hope all is well and you and your family have a joyous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete