Friday, May 4, 2018

Some Days

Some days are good days pain-wise.  Some days are bad.  The situation in my spine is progressing and although I’m a long ways off from needing surgery I was told by my orthopedic neurosurgeon in January, it’s getting worse over time.  I expected this based on everything I’ve been told over the years, but that doesn’t make it easier to deal with even so.

I had a steroid injection in my spinal column earlier this week that may help in a week or two and I have a second injection in a month.  Options other than medication are good, but I’m having to use more nerve medication and other things over time like NSAIDs and muscle relaxants and pain medication when it gets very bad.

I don’t like it, but they do help and they're better than surgery, which will be significant. Hopefully I’m a decade or so off from that, but only time will tell. The space in my cervixal spinal column continues to decline with bone spurs and disc degeneration.  For now though we're going to keep on with all other options and hope things stay stable for as long as possible.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband got a big package in the mail today and my son insisted on opening it unassisted.  He was having a hard time getting through the copious amounts of tape but we left him alone.  About five minutes later I heard him call out from the living room, “I found a weak point”.  Another five minutes and he was in and dad's new pull-behind golf bag with orange wheels was freed from the box.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came in today and asked if I wanted to know what they listened to in the taxi during the rides to and from school.  She asked Alexa to play the call letters of the radio station and a religious radio station came on.  She says she likes the music and the commercials.  We played the station on the house speakers for a good while this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment