Thursday, May 17, 2018

Can We Order This?


We went to dinner tonight with two other families to a Korean restaurant.  My best friend is Korean and the food there is quite good.   When we've been in the past we just let her and her husband order and eat what shows up.   I eat it all.  I like it all—even the kimchee.

Tonight she was running late and was texting me.  We were sitting down at the fourteen-person table waiting for the waiter to arrive when my best friend started sending me texts on what to order.    We had a menu and had picked a few things to try, but when the waiter arrived I just handed the phone over to him and said, “can we order this?”   He wrote it all down on his pad.  It made for very fast ordering for a large group.

Everything was good, as usual. The table was a complete mess of cleaned plates when we were finished.

The Big Boy Update:  my son wanted to give his sister the Advil chewable pills this morning.  His stomach had hurt a bit the day before and she had just said hers was hurting too.   After giving her the pills he turned to me and said, “Mom, I need to have a private talk with Reese”. I have no idea what they talked about but she seemed to feel better afterwards.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had a fever and an upset stomach today.  He stomach hurt but she was hungry.  We kept her home from school but she seems completely fine other than the fever in the middle of the night last night.  We shall see how she's feeling in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment