Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Don’t Want to Write a Blog Post Tonight

Some nights I don’t want to write a blog post.  Most nights I look forward to getting to the basement after the children are in bed to write about something from the day or thoughts that have been mulling about in my mind.   But some nights I go to the bedroom to change into my pajamas and think how nice it would be if I didn’t have to go to the basement to write a post.

What happens though is I get to the basement, pull up the chair, have my watch unlock my Mac, open up my browser and start typing.  And then I just keep going.   Last night, for instance, I thought was going to be a very short blog post.   We had hosted an event at the house and after the preparation for the day and subsequent cleanup afterwards not to mention the meetings and appointments in addition of the day and I just wanted nothing to do with the keyboard and Blogger.com

But once I started typing I got into a mental story and the post turned out to be fairly long.  It’s hard to tell what will come out when I start typing.   For tonight, I’m going to bed right after this post.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has a teacher workday tomorrow.  He wants to play Uno with me.   Specifically “Uno H2O”, which is just the standard card game, only on plastic cards that can get wet. I hope he doesn’t want to play in the bathtub together.   We set a calendar entry for tomorrow at 10:00AM to play.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been on her antibiotic for a urinary tract infection for a day now.   She did wet her pants late in the day a bit, but she was very busy on the playground swinging as high as she could with lots of friends around playing with her.   And who really has time to stop to go to the bathroom when you’re having fun like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment