Saturday, May 12, 2018

Didi Seven

I have a new shirt I like a lot.  It’s relatively new, has orange stripes and a hood.   It’s sort of t-shirt material and it is both comfortable and versatile.   But I got a stain on it.   I don’t know how I got the stain; had I noticed it at the time I would have done something about it quickly before whatever it was set in.    And it wasn’t one stain, it was three, as though I dropped something down the front of my shirt as I ate.

Knowing me, that’s exactly what happened but since I didn’t notice it, it wasn’t until it came out of the laundry, was hung back up in my closet and then put on again one morning that I noticed the clean yet stained shirt.   So I washed it again.   No luck though, the stains remained.

So I got serious.    We have a collection of stain removing things in our laundry room but I wasn’t concerned as the first option I usually tried fixed most things.   I treated the stain and came back in an hour to find it the exact same, not even lightened.   So I went for round two.  

I didn’t know if it was food-based with some sort of oil or something else non-food related.   So I tried two more stain options to clean certain types of stains.   No go.  I used some OxyClean at full strength and a dry cleaning stick and a new stain cleaner I’d gotten a while back but hadn’t had need to use yet.   But the stain remained, steadfast, not even lightening in the slightest.

The three little stains were on the white part of the striped shirt.   Or at least I think the shirt was white.   But if I put pure bleach on the spots with a cotton swab I was fairly sure I’d find out the shirt wasn’t actually white but something more like ecru.  So I passed on the bleach.  

I counted six different stain removing options with no success when I remember up in my craft room, in the back of a drawer, was a tube of Didi Seven from back in the late 1980’s.   I don’t know why I kept it all this time, save for the possibility I’d need it someday.  

Two minutes with the Didi Seven and the stain was completely gone.   Not a trace.  Didi Seven production was stopped in 2017, which is about fifteen years longer than I realized it was around.   The only memory I have of it was the infomercial when I was in college.   Apparently there’s no expiration date on the product based on the results I got.

The Big Boy Update:  I was putting together a birthday gift for Madison, our neighbor, this afternoon in the craft room, which has no door lock.   I told my son if his sister and Madison came back to the house to come let me know so I could keep her present a surprise.   I told him to not tell them they couldn’t go into the room. because that would arouse suspicion.   Sure enough, not ten minutes later I hear the girls come inside.   My son, who is more concerned about, “modesty” now that he’s older, ran up and opened the door, shutting it quickly behind him.   “They’re here!” he told me breathlessly. He was completely naked, apparently about to put his bathing suit on.   He opened the door to find the girls standing just outside.   He put one hand in front of his crotch and one hand on his butt and said to them, “you can’t go in there right now” and then fled.   I gave him extra stamps for being such a trooper.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came downstairs last night, saying she had a scary dream.   Hey, did I tell you (aside here) that she’s not wetting the bed anymore?  Darn us for not believing she could have a bladder infection.   So my daughter came downstairs, said she had had a scary dream and got in the bed per my invitation.   She was there about two minutes and then said, “I think I’m going back upstairs now.”   I gave her a kiss and off she went.

No comments:

Post a Comment