Thursday, May 24, 2018

Self Compliments

My son has a very difficult time saying anything positive about himself.  He and I spent some time this afternoon playing a game.  The game hinged around some new mints I got that my son likes.   Every time he (or I) said something we liked about ourselves or did well, we could have one of the little Ice Chips.

He had a tough time getting started so I gave some funny ones about me like, “I can empty the dish washer in the dark”. (I’m not really sure that I can). My son caught on after a while, citing that he was good at math and numbers, playing with friends, doing parkour, flossing (the dance) to name a few.

He wanted to know if we could play again tomorrow.  I told him I’d keep the Ice Chips on stand by any time he wanted to play.

The Big Boy Update:  my son told me, “my feet and my eyes are really connected.  And my head.   That’s how I can run fast.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked for us to watch out the window today to make sure she was going to the neighbor's house correctly.   Sometimes we don’t realize how very little she can see. She got lost going across one back yard,got turned around and was walking towards a tree.  Dad called out to her and she was able to reposition and make it to the neighbors house without more help.

No comments:

Post a Comment