Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Trampoline Mud Pie

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Mess In The Back Yard Story of the Day:
It was after dinner, it was during that time where the long rays of sunlight make everyone look like they’re taller and than their childhood years and hides the dirt that seems to regularly cover all the children that live in this house.   I looked outside to see six children in the backyard with buckets, small plastic shovels, some bulbs they’d dug up or town out and a lot of mud.    Oh, and the mini trampoline.

I’m not sure what their plan was, because from the gesticulations there were differing opinions, but something important was going down—this much was evident from the amount of pine straw being piled on top of the mud on top of the sand on top of the trampoline they’d drug across the yard.

I ventured outside to see if I could make sense of things but when I got close, I decided it was more fun to just let them have at it because fun is a commodity we lose sight of as we get older.  

A short while later my husband came out on the deck and decided remote hand and feet washings were due using the hose and spray nozzle one floor above the children.   This, it turns out wasn’t a punishment but a fun end to the evening’s play.

No comments:

Post a Comment