Tuesday, May 23, 2017

No Surgery For Now

My husband and daughter are home.   The ultrasound on her left eye today showed what appears to be an attached retina and vitreous, which is good news.   What does seem to be in her eye is a mass of blood and possibly some debris.    Dr. Trese has prescribed steroid drops in her left eye a minimum of eight times each day and sleeping in a propped up position so the blood will drop to the bottom of her eye and she can see better sooner.  

We’ll return to Detroit on June 5th for surgery.  If the left eye is looking good in that the blood is being absorbed, assisted by the drops, he’ll move to the right eye and open up the scar tissue blocking her field of vision.   If the blood isn’t permeating out he’ll perform a vitrectomy. removing some of her vitreous and the blood and replace it with an artificial substance.  

Overall, while no progress was made vision-wise this week, we at least know what’s going on and hopefully there isn’t anything additional going downhill in her left eye which provides her with her functional vision.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was in a cross mood yesterday.   He told me, “I don’t like it that you made me born.”  I asked him why that was but he ignored the question asking me back, “how many seeds do you have left?”  I told him I was pretty old and I probably didn’t have any ’seeds’ left at this point.   He sounded shocked and said back, “What? But you only spent two!”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and her friend Madison spent about fifteen minutes tonight adding things to the shopping list by talking to Alexa.   The theme was, “with poop inside”.   I think they were a little upset when we told them the grocery store didn’t sell things with poop inside and we wouldn’t be filling any of their shopping list items.

No comments:

Post a Comment