Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Slime Bath

My children love Five Below.   If you’re familiar with The Dollar Store then you know the concept.   Five Below is a store where items are five dollars or less, typically in increments of a dollar.   When the children have accomplished something like filling a chore chart or completing something important we’ll take them to the store and let them pick out anything they like, knowing the price point won’t be any higher than five dollars.

My mother and father are returning to their mountain home and they wanted to get the children something as a going away present.   We had talked about the mall, but since there is a much higher potential cost with things they might select there, coupled with the fact my children had been requesting a trip to the dollar store lately, I suggested we go there with my mother after school today.

There were no complaints from the youth in the car after carpool pickup.  My mother had never been to Five Below—a colorful cacophony of products and pop culture.   I think we could have spent hours there, the children slowly wasting away into starvation, not caring, because they were touching and looking at exciting products, many of which they wanted to put into the cart and take home.

They each selected something and I picked out a Slime Bath product which we added to their bath water tonight.   Imagine a bath turned green and slimy and you have an idea what we had going.   Imagine squeals and laughs.   Imagine a mess.   We had all of that and then some.

Thanks Mimi and Gramps for the fun presents.   Thanks for the slime.   We’re working on cleaning up the mess…

The Big Boy Update:  On the way to school my son yelled out, “One Two Three, Quiet Game!”  Then he made a correction saying, “hold on, I’m locating a flying horse”.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I was drying my daughter’s hair when she reached out on the counter and felt my beer bottle.   She was interested so I asked her if she wanted to try it.   She said yes, but only a tiny bit please.   This particular beer was quite bitter so I didn’t expect her to like it but I poured it into a glass and she tried it.   Her response?  “Ew, I don’t want to waste your beer mom, you have the rest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment