Monday, May 1, 2017

The Last Supper

It’s that time of year again.   My parents relocate here for the winter months but come May 1st they return to their home in the mountains.   It always seems like a short four months, but we’re glad they’re close for the months they’re here.   My father dubber our dinner tonight, “the last supper” but we hope they’ll have a reason to come visit soon.   We’ll have to plan a trip to visit them as well; my children love to spend time in the mountains with them.

The rest of tonight’s post is some things my children have said that made us laugh…

The Big Boy Update:
Getting Lost With Papa:  My father-in-law is excellent at “getting lost”.  I’m not certain he’s truly lost, he’s just not in a hurry to go where the rest of us are heading.   While we were in Palm Springs my son was with him and when we were eventually reunited my son said, “It’s all Papa’s fault because he gave in when I wanted to walk.”

Papa’s Children:  My son was talking to my brother-in-law at the pool about Nana and Papa and demonstrated he had a pretty spot-on understanding of family relations when he said, “Papa married someone and had three children.  Then he de-married her.   Then he married Nana and had dad.”

Driving a Tesla:  Again, my son grasps important concepts of the world by stating on the way to school, “driving looks pretty easy if you have a Tesla.   All you need to know how to do is read.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  
Teacher Workday:  My daughter explained to my mother tonight, “Friday is a teacher workday.  We don’t go to school because the teachers have to all talk to each other.”

You’ll be dead:  My daughter was very insightful when talking to my mother, explaining, “when I get to adult land you’ll be dead.”   Then she thoughtfully added, “When I get to adult land I want to have a baby so I’ll have someone to take care of.”

New Lucy:  My children aren’t completely able to distinguish the difference between flora and fauna at this age.   My daughter knows we buried our dog’s ashes under a tree we planted to remember her by.   My daughter explained, “we planted the ashes and we’re going to grow a new Lucy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment