Sunday, February 19, 2017

What Are Those?

We’ve been traveling today, returning home from visiting family in Florida for a week.   Excellent trip, fantastic time and always, always, great family memories.   Travel with a five- and a six-year-old is not as difficult as it was a few years ago, but at this ate there’s added bickering into the mix, which can get old and cause me, their mom, to snap.

Add in the plane seats always doing a number on my back and I’m ready to get our luggage so we can get in the car and drive home.  Today my husband was trying to track down his over-sized golf bag while the children were running off some excess energy at the baggage claim area.  

My son came over to me and asked, “mom, what are those?”   I looked over and said, “those are telephones.”   He was a little confused at the phones not being a small, thin box you keep in your pocket, but he said, “oh, okay.”


The Big Boy Update:  My son had a very hard time leaving Florida today.  He went around and hugged each of the stuffed animals.   He looked forlornly out at the pool and tried to delay getting in the car as long a possible.  I think he had a good time. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   We lost my daughter’s drops yesterday.   She needs them six times each day and they were totally gone mid-day.   I was the last one to “drop her”, but I didn’t think I’d put the drops in a different location.   Searching went on for a bit until Nana decided maybe we should ask my daughter if she knew where they were.   She didn’t want to answer at first, but then admitted she did.   She had hid them, making a game for us to find them.   Later in the day she even offered to hide Uncle Bob’s eye drops too.

No comments:

Post a Comment