Thursday, February 2, 2017

Stuck Stickers

You know when people say, “there should be a law against…” and you know that translates to, “I really, really, really don’t like…”?   In this case, I think it should go further than just laws against, I think a good solid round of government regulations should be applied to rules with stickers.

Not all stickers, just the ones on products you purchase in a store.   They need to remain on the product, but they should come off when you’ve purchased the item, especially when they’re large and in a conspicuous location.  

There are many kinds of label and price stickers in the market, maybe it’s just a case of using the wrong type of sticker for a particular surface on which it is to be stuck.    I have that Goo Gone adhesive remover spray, but that doesn’t help when the product is a porous material like a book cover.

Today I spent far too much time getting four stickers off birthday presents.   But I got them off.   Maybe next year there will be a revolution in removable stickers.

The Big Boy Update:   My son’s tooth is more “wiggly” now and he’s looking forward to it falling out because it’s hard to bite things with his front teeth without discomfort.   I told him not to lose it when it falls out.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter hears everything.   She was with me on the couch when she said, “daddy, are you getting those stars again?”   At very low volume my husband had been playing Mario Run on his phone—a game in which you get stars for doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment