Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Tooth Fairy Consideration

Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy—we know they’re not real, we know we perpetuate a fun story for our children.  We’ve now gotten to the Tooth Fairy chapter of little white imaginary characters in our lives here.   My son has a tooth that is close to falling out.   He would like it to hurry up and do so because it’s bothering him, but it’s not that far resorbed yet so we’re in the waiting phase.

The children know about the Tooth Fairy because they have friends at school losing teeth and talking about it all the time.   I don’t think we could in good conscience tell them there was no such thing without undermining the other friends families statements in the process.   So we’re going with the Tooth Fairy.

But wheat’s the going rate?   I’ve asked around and I think we’ll probably do a dollar.   I suppose we’ll make a decision soon if the tooth comes out in the next day or two.

The Big Boy Update:   There is a building that recently was completed building on our drive to school.   On Friday we noticed a rainbow of LED lights rippling across the top.   My son declared it, “cool”.   Then he said, “it’s a good thing.”   I agreed with him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted very much to see the new rainbow lights on the building on Friday, but since she can’t even tell where the building is (and it’s a big building), I told her I would try and take a picture of it to show her later.    Sometimes I hate that she can see so little and there’s nothing I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment