Friday, February 10, 2017

Graduation

My children are going to “graduate” from seeing their play therapist.   They’ve both come a long way and Dhruti doesn’t think we need regular sessions for either child.   I think they’re going to be sad to not see her any more, but she has a “graduation party” planned for the next time we see her after vacation.

It’s a comfort knowing you have an expert who understands what’s going on in your child’s head and can help you know how to best help them navigate being a child.   Dhruti says she isn’t leaving us and she would like to have a session with our daughter from time to time based on eye surgeries or other changes in her vision or school situation.  She also said she would be available to meet with us any time we had a list of, “how do we handle this?” questions.  

Graduation should be a happy time, and it is, but we’ll miss Dhruti.

The Big Boy Update:  Today my son was telling me about Nana and Papa’s house and I had no idea what he was talking about, because Nana and Papa didn’t have a house like he was described.  He told me, “ugh, you don’t even have a brain.”   A few questions later and I understood it was a “house” that had a lot of floors and other people lived there too.   Then I realized he was talking about the time share at Hilton Head we stayed at on the fifteenth floor.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   I don’t have any idea where this is coming from but my daughter said to me, “mommy, is somebody mind controlling us to make us say what they want us to say?”

No comments:

Post a Comment