Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Three Feet or Six Feet

This should be a simple distinction, right? Is something three feet long or is it six feet long?  My children aren’t three feet high and my husband is close to six feet tall.   I don’t get their lengths confused.    And yet I’ve had three conversations about these very same two measurements today.

This has to do with cables, specifically charger cables for our devices.   My husband said his was too long and while I was at the store, could I see if they had a shorter one?   I got there, phoned him and we had a conversation about his current cable being eighteen inches, three feet or six feet.   We eliminated the eighteen inches option because of where the plug in the wall was and where he charged his device, but beyond that we weren’t sure as neither of us had thought to measure beforehand.

I got the three foot length and this evening we looked through all our cables and were surprised how many were the same lengths and how few were longer.   We had needed a shorter cable in the one type we had nothing but longer cables.   But we have it sorted now.   That is, unless we need four foot lengths…

The Big Boy Update:  We got in the car this morning and as I was backing out of the garage my son said, “raise your hand if you had a nightmare with a bunny that turned into a monster when you tried to hug it.”  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been paying attention to the type of trees around us.   I told her we didn’t have any evergreens in our yard.   She said, “yes we do, Lucy’s tree.”   She is right, Lucy (our deceased dog) has a small evergreen planted in her remembrance.

Upper Body:  It was unseasonably hot today and this afternoon I wore a short-sleeved shirt.   It is about this time of year that I notice all my upper body muscles have wasted away so in the spirit of, “spring is around the corner” I went to the fitness room with my husband today.   My legs and core don’t complain that much from running but who knows how much I’ll hurt tomorrow from today’s workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment