Monday, February 20, 2017

Moh-VEE-ler

Tonight is about some of the things my children have said or done lately.   The first is the title of this blog post and is a phonetic pronunciation of what my children are referring to as a, “mobile”.   Specifically, they’re talking about the mobiles that the super heroes or cartoon characters use when they do their, well, whatever it is they do.   The important thing to take away from this is that every character has their own, moh-vee-ler, each of which has special features.

Madison Is Still #1:  My son, you might remember, is in love with my nephew’s girlfriend.  She’s a senior in high school and while the age difference might not be insurmountable later in life, right now it’s just practical.   This past week on vacation in Florida it was apparent his love is still strong and true for Madison, his #1.

It Was Mom’s Fault:  My son fell yesterday while dad was drying his sister’s hair.  He got angry and said, “this is all mom’s fault for having two children.   If it was just me then there wouldn’t have been that hair dryer sound distracting me and I wouldn’t have fallen!”

Could You Use Data?:  My son was asking me about wifi today in the car.  I explained how wifi was a lot like the sound waves he heard when I talked in that they were all around us.  I explained the waves were data being sent through the air that was able to be picked up by our devices.    He thought about it for a bit and then asked, “could you use data to build weapons?”

Tears:  My daughter was so mad the other day due to something I don’t even remember now.   She was crying bitterly and we were trying to distract her with something we were holding.   She bitterly complained, “I can’t see with the tears in my eyes.”

Silly Knucklehead:  I don’t know where my daughter heard the phrase, but if you do something funny, you’re likely to get called a “silly knucklehead” by her.

Ashore:  My children loved the pool in Florida.   They both are good swimmers now and spent time in the hot tub and the main pool.   At one point my daughter said to Uncle Eric as she swam by him, “I have to go ashore now.”


No comments:

Post a Comment