Monday, March 30, 2015

Trips and Vacations

We came back from our Florida spring break vacation yesterday.   Everyone was glad to be home.   As we were unpacking, my children saw neighbors in their yards and wanted to go out to play.    They got dressed in their warmer clothes (because we left the warm weather behind in Florida) and we all went outside to see everyone.

Stories were exchanged and we found out what the others had done while we were away for the week.   I talked about the pool and the trip to Disney and some of the other things we did.    One of the other fathers said, "It sounds like you were on a trip.   It would have been a vacation if you didn't have the kids."

I laughed and nodded.   I hadn't made the distinction before.  I mean yes, there are trips and there are also vacations, but I like going places with the children.   We don't have to go someplace alone to make it a vacation.    

Besides, my in-laws let us sleep late all week.   And there was coffee when I woke up, ready to drink.   That's just my kind of vacation.

The Big Boy Update:  At Costco my son saw a large kayak-type thing.   He walked all around the big yellow, plastic body and said, "it's made of bananas"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted her food warmed up a bit.  My husband took it over and put it in the microwave.   I think she was worried it was going too long because she said, "I want you to push the bumper button."   We figured out she meant the button that bumps the door open and stops the heating process.

No comments:

Post a Comment